When it comes to lacrosse, having the best equipment is not only essential for playing the game, but you must have equally important equipment for practice.
Why the backstop you ask? A backstop is designed to stand taller and wider than the goal itself so that it can stand as interference against all the lost balls the goal neglects to catch.
Just think, with a backstop added to the field, you can spend more time throwing the ball and less time chasing it down the field.
Not only will it save time, but it will also save windows, houses, and even people from getting hit by those stray flying balls.
When choosing the backstop that works best for you be sure to measure the area in which you intend to play. Find one that best suits the area and be sure that it’s compatible with your goal.
Some backstops are designed with an easy fold, while others are made to be stationary.
Think about the climate where you will be placing the backstop, and when necessary, look for one that will withstand the coldest temperatures.
If you are looking for a stationary backstop, explore your options carefully; one that will fit properly on an uneven ground and possibly form into a shape is probably your best choice.
If you are not sure which backstop will work best for you, we have helped to make your decision easier by preparing the following list of the 5 best lacrosse backstops for you to choose from:
EZGoal Monster Lacrosse Backstop Rebounder
- Goal not included in the package. Improves your skills more chasing balls throw more balls in less time let's you Throw...
- Perfect for practicing corner shots folds forward for corner shots no more dented garage doors, broken windows or lost...
- The backstop connects to all goals with bungees and removes in minutes backstop turns forward for practicing side shots...
With this backstop, you can spend more time throwing and less time chasing those balls.
This 11-foot x 8-foot net can be folded for convenience and it will easily connect to all goals with bungees.
It is made with a tough powder-coated steel frame, no tools are required for assembly, and it stands tough through all-weather so there is never a need to worry if it starts to rain or if you haven’t gotten it down before the snow begins to fly.
The backstop will easily turn forward for practicing those side shots, then fold it back to play the game.
You will have no more headaches from the kids hitting the house, and you won’t cry over the price because this one is made to satisfy anyone’s budget.
The high rating says a lot about this backstop, and it’s so versatile that it can be used for many of the other sports your kids love to play.
ACON Wave 500 Backstop Net
- MULTI SPORT USE: Ideal for many sports. Keeps you from having to chase down lacrosse balls, soccer balls, hockey pucks,...
- HASSLE FREE: Easy Setup, Disassembly and Portability. No tools required whatsoever.
- CONVENIENT AND UNIQUE: Includes 20'x10' barrier net, a convenient carrying case and 4 U shaped stakes. 20x10 Foot Net...
Secure this backdrop with rope to the trees and never worry about it again, because it’s sturdy and weather proof.
The 16-foot x 9-foot net is made of heavy duty nylon and will easily pair with your goal to keep the balls from flying all over the neighborhood.
ACON Wave offers a generous one-year warranty on this net and the reviews are positively high.
It serves the purpose of many sports beyond lacrosse, it’s perfect for practice or game play, and the price is easy on the wallet.
With this backstop on your team, you will be sure to perfect the game every time!
PowerNet Sports Barrier Net
- 12'x9' BARRIER NET - This instant portable protection screen or backstop is great for any sport. Large bow style frame...
- EASY QUICK SETUP / ULTRA PORTABLE - Net sets up in less than 3 minutes. No tools required. Includes ground stakes for...
- DURABLE - Our net is designed to take the abuse of the hardest hits, throws and shots. The steel frame and flexible...
Very portable and easy to set up, the backstop can be used indoors or outdoors due to its sturdy frame.
At 12'x9', the backstop offers 108 SqFt of protection. The net can take the abuse of the hardest hits, throws and shots.
The steel frame and flexible fiberglass bow poles provide a steady base for the knotless polyester net with PU coating, so the backstop is guaranteed to last you for a long time. If unsure, you get a one-year warranty.
Overall, the product comes highly recommended. You can set it up in less than three minutes and it breaks down to fit into a carrying bag for convenient long-term storage and portability.
Your package will include the net, frame, ground stakes, and canvas carry bag. If you’re looking for great quality at a fair price, you can’t go wrong with this one.
Smart Backstop for Lacrosse Goals
- Practice smart - no one gets better chasing lacrosse balls!
- Wide coverage around the goal means more shooting, less shagging and fewer lost balls.
- Installs in minutes, no tools required. Folds behind goal, and can stay on goal year round.
Covering a 4-foot area, this is the perfect backstop to pair with your 6-foot x 6-foot goal.
With its sturdy hardware and the durable ½-inch net poles, it will withstand all weather conditions, so all you have to do is set it up and forget about it.
It’s simple to set-up and fold down, and the best part is that no tools are required!
No more chasing lost balls or worry about broken windows, this backstop will serve as interference.
Although this is one of the highest priced backstops on the list, the high rating and great quality are reasons enough to understand why.
Save time and throw more balls with this backstop on your team.
FoldFast LaxStop Lacrosse Backstop
- FAST AND EASY SET-UP: This portable net backstop was expertly designed to make set-up a breeze. This way, you can stop...
- WEATHERPROOF: We have made this lacrosse goal backdrop with weatherproof materials, so it will hold up and remain in...
- CARRYING CASE INCLUDED: We have included a convenient carrying case with our backstop system, making it portable if you...
This backstop will block all those balls from flying away.
This 14-foot x 10-foot net will provide a 4-foot catch zone when paired up with your regulated lacrosse goal.
Although it doesn’t fold, it’s easy to move around, and it’s built with 18-gauge steel and a strong 3mm netting making it sturdy enough to be used on a concrete surface.
The hunter green color will blend in well with the background and it will hold up through any weather condition.
Offered at a competitive price and followed up with a strong rating, it’s a no brainer why this backstop made the list.
Now that you have been given these choices, you should have a better understanding of why the backstop is so important for lacrosse.
Use these options to your advantage and enjoy your piece of mind when you are not distracted by the stray balls. Make sure you check out some the best lacrosse sticks as well.
Featured image pixabay