Are you or your child thinking about playing Lacrosse, and you want to know which are the best lacrosse helmets out there? Well, you are in luck; we know a thing or two about the best lacrosse helmets everyone should be wearing.
What Are the Best Lacrosse Helmets?
The best lacrosse helmets are made with the correct amount of padding to prevent you from getting a concussion during the game. Each lacrosse helmet is a little different, but they all are made with the same purpose, to protect the player.
These types of helmets are very different from other sports helmets, but a lacrosse helmet is very similar to a hockey helmet. So, it could be easy to get confused about, which is which. The easiest way to tell is the stiffer facemask, and the lacrosse helmet has more padding in the back on the head.
Lacrosse helmet history
Lacrosse first appeared in the Olympics in 1904, but those players did not use helmets. It was not until 1928 that some used helmets in the game.
The first lacrosse helmets were made of leather and were more like a cap than a helmet.
In the 1940s, companies started adding facemasks to the lacrosse leather helmets. Thank goodness in the 1960s, a company started making the helmets out of hard plastic.
Of course, after that, the lacrosse helmet has been improved 100 times over. Now, you can actually protect your head!
Why it is important to wear a helmet
The biggest reason why you should wear a helmet is to help prevent a concussion. Having a concussion is serious business, and it can keep you out of the game. Unfortunately, it could also cause permanent damage.
Another reason for wearing a helmet is to prevent your face from getting hit with the ball. Yeah, that’s pretty painful. It would not be good times.
Once you have the perfect helmet, please remember you do need all the other protective equipment to stay safe while playing lacrosse.
How to pick the best lacrosse helmets
It is very important when buying a lacrosse helmet, you get the right size. You do not want your lacrosse helmet to be too loose, but you also do not want it too tight. Another important thing is your line of sight. You must be able to see in front of you without having to pull the mask back up or down.
Many of the lacrosse helmets have extra straps to help adjust the size. Also, in most of the helmets, you will have extra padding the can be removed if needed.
Please take a moment and check out this YouTube video to see how a lacrosse helmet should look once properly fitted:
How We Reviewed
We know your safety is very important while playing lacrosse. So, we want to make sure you get the very best lacrosse helmets money can buy. With that being said, we first went through professional comments. Once we understood what the professionals saw as the most important aspects of lacrosse helmets, we then turned to the users.
We read through many of the user reviews and were able to find out what was great about each product and what they needed to be improved. Once we combined all this together, we were able to give you the best lacrosse helmets list.
Our Picks for the 7 Best Lacrosse Helmets
Options are a must when buying any product. So, we have gathered up some of the best lacrosse helmets just for you. Please take a moment and see what amazing helmets we have for you.
Cascade CPV-R Lacrosse Helmet with Black Face Mask (Choose Your Shell…
- The SPRfit adjustable ratchet system allows players to make nicro-adjustments on the fly. The no-nonsense, all business…
- The CPV-R becomes the first helmet in the R-Series to be offered with an EPP liner system for elite level protection and…
- The R-Series Shell features FreeFlow venting to keep you cool in sweaty situations and brings an unmatched level of…
The Cascade CPV-R lacrosse helmet has extra freeflow venting for those who may sweat a lot. The company claims its adjustable ratchet system makes it super easy for players to adjust their helmets. This helmet has an EPP liner system for extra protection and comfort. The CPV-R also has a V shape design to keep your focus on the ball. This helmet comes in four different sizes and many colors.
Users love the options in sizes and colors. Other users are impressed with the quality of materials and the perfect fit this helmet gives.
Check out the video below:
STX Lacrosse Stallion 500 Helmet, White, Medium
- The stallion 500 helmet features revolutionary d3o material that remains soft and flexible in its natural state but…
- The stallion 500 includes an ABS shell with impact modifiers for added strength
- The stallion 500 helmet includes surfeit Air liner that includes an Air pump for Adjustability which allows the helmet…
STX makes a Stallion 500 lacrosse helmet with material that stays soft and flexible during the whole game. The ABS shell has added materials to make for a rock hard outer shell. The company also added jaw padding and an airliner with a pump, to make for a better fit around your head. This lacrosse also has a few air vents.
Many users say this helmet is amazing, and it gets the job done. A few users say it runs on the smaller size, and the mask can not be removed from the helmet.
CASCADE LX Women’s Lacrosse Headgear
- Poron XRD offers the maximum comfort with the ability to dissipate impacts
- The LX steel mask is designed with open sight lines and an ergonomic shape
- An Integrated goggle system relieves the facial pressure experienced by a separate goggle
The Cascade LX women’s lacrosse helmet has a steel mask with open slots for a better line of sight. The company makes this helmet with an adjustable strap on the back of the helmet. This helmet also has hair slots and large air vents to accommodate every player. The company claims the helmets are lightweight but very durable.
Users are very happy with the options of being able to put their hair through the holes. Other users are happy with the hard shell. A few users say it needs a better mask.
Watch one person’s review below:
Hummingbird Sports Girls Ladies Lacrosse Helmet Headgear (White,…
- US Lacrosse / ASTM Certified / SEI Certified
- EXCLUSIVE PARTNERSHIP WITH NFL GREAT SHAWN SPRINGS – founder of Windpact & acclaimed for his award winning “Crash…
- 360 DEGREE PROTECTION – Our headgear protects the entire head! We not only meet the new standards for safety, but in…
Hummingbird Sports makes a ladies’ lacrosse helmet that has a soft outer shell. The company claims this helmet is ASTM and SEI certified. This helmet has 18 vents holes to keep the player cool through the entire game. There is also an opening in the back for ladies to pull their hair through. This helmet also has a 360-degree protection built-in.
Users are loving the flexible helmet and its durability. A few other users say this helmet works great with goggles, and it does not mess up their line of sight. A couple of users had issues with the sizing.
Warrior Evo Lacrosse Helmet, Black, Large/X Large
- Warrior has partnered with boa to create a fit System that establishes the best in customizable and convenient helmet…
- features the Viconic EAS liner system which was co-developed with the market-leading innovator in automotive head-on…
- Meets or exceeds all nocsae standards
The Warrior Evo lacrosse helmet has the Viconic EAS liner system to make for better protection against a hit. This helmet comes with adjustable chin straps and a mask. The company recommends you measure your head before ordering this lacrosse helmet to ensure you get the right size.
Users are very happy with the hard outer shell and the adjustable chin strap. Other users say they do not feel anything when being hit by the ball. A couple of users got the wrong size, possibly by not measuring correctly.
CASCADE CSascade CS Junior Lacrosse Helmet Size: Adjustable Black
- Features. Lightweight, single-piece FutureStar Mono shell and chin. Reduced weight and close fit help reduce fatigue.
- Gen3 EPP liner meets/exceeds all lacrosse standards. Full Pivot System: Rear third of the liner grasps the head, and…
- Meets NOCSAE Standard�. One size fits most.
Cascade makes a CS Junior lacrosse helmet with Gen3 EPP liner. This helmet is lightweight to help the younger players not get tired too fast. The company makes this helmet with a pull tab system to make it easier and faster for players to adjust straps. Cascade claims the mask gives you a better line of sight, and the shell of the helmet can handle impact with ease.
Users say it is very comfortable and lightweight. Other users say the inside of the helmet is too hard, and the padding is not soft enough. Unfortunately, a few other users say the velcro did not hold up.
Cascade S Lacrosse Helmet (White Shell/Chrome Facemask)
- Comes as White Shell, Chrome Mask & White Chin Piece *NOT a red chin as shown in alternate images*
- Features the Cascade Tri-Liner protective technology to address a wide array of impacts
- Gen4 EPP – designed to protect against variable force impacts specifically towards the front of the helmet and facemask
The Cascade S is a lacrosse helmet with tri-linear to help give extra protection against impact. This helmet comes with an EPP liner and adjustable straps. The company claims the inside foam is comfortable, and it will help cushion any hit. The vents on this helmet are bigger than other Cascade helmets.
Users love the bigger vents, and the vision bar is thinner, making it easier to see the ball. Users also love that they can design the helmet any way they want.
BURN JR HELMET 19
- Developed specifically for the youth lacrosse player under the age of 12
- Energy absorbing Vinyl Nitrate foam liner
- Quick and easy velcro pull-tab adjustment system to securely fit a developing player
The Burn JR is a lacrosse helmet meant for children under the age of 12 years old but can fit on older children with smaller head sizes. Warrior makes the inside liner out of vinyl nitrate foam. The straps on this helmet are adjustable. This lacrosse helmet also has an EPP liner to help with impact.
Users are very happy with the sizing of this helmet. Other users say the helmet is very comfortable.
Which One of these Helmets Is Right for You?
Many great options, right? But I bet you are wondering now which one of the best lacrosse helmets should you buy. Well, unfortunately, we can not answer that question. This comes down to your personal preferences and extras that you prefer.
Depending on whether you need a mask or just the helmet can narrow down your selection a lot. Then you need to decide what type of outer shell and liner you need inside the helmet. Once you know this, you will pretty much be able to pick one right off our best lacrosse helmets list.
Safety is the biggest thing when playing any sport, and if you wear the proper equipment, you will be able to play the game to the best of your ability.
Do you play lacrosse? If so, which helmet brand do you prefer and why? Please let us know in the comment section below.