6 Best Electric Skateboard Reviews
Electric skateboards are a big purchase for a lot of people. You’ll be putting your safety at risk. When choosing the best electric skateboard for your needs (whether commuting or just for fun), it is always recommended to go for a totally safe e-board.
Some of the important features to look out for include:
6 Best Electric Skateboards
With that in mind, here are some of the best electric skateboards to buy right now:
1. Boosted Mini X
Boosted Mini X Electric Skateboard
- Exhilarating top speeds of 20 mph gets you there faster
- Climb the steepest hills of your commute without breaking a sweat
- 3 ride modes specifically tuned to the Boosted mini. Brakes- Regenerative Brakes.Power- 1,000 Watts
The specifications of the Boosted Mini X clearly shows why the skateboard is highly rated. With a speed of 20 mph, it’s quite fast.
It has a huge battery capacity that can take you up to 14 miles when it’s fully charged. What’s more, it’s two hub motors are powerful enough to tackle even the steepest of terrains.
2. Evolve Carbon GT
Evolve Skateboards – Carbon GT All-Terrain Electric Longboard…
- RANGE – Up to 12 miles. Varies depending on rider weight, terrain and riding style.
- TOP SPEED – Approximately 22-25 mph. This may vary depending on rider weight and terrain
- HILLS – Up to 25 percent gradient in GT mode.
When it came out in 2016, the Carbon GT revolutionized the e-skateboard world with its stunning design. And in 2019, it’s still a force to reckon with.
With a top speed of 27 mph (also fastest in the world) and a dual motor design that outputs 3000W, this skateboard is powerful and reliable. It also features a dependable battery that can last up to 31 miles.
3. Boosted Dual Plus
Boosted 2nd Gen Dual+ Standard Range Electric Skateboard
- Get around with incredible speed and ease on the most powerful electric skateboard
- Standard Range Battery – 6 to 7 miles
- Light enough to carry anywhere – powerful enough to go everywhere
With a speed of 22 mph and a 25% climbing grade, this is the perfect out-of-the-city skateboard. Its controller is easy to use, the brakes are impressive thanks to its dual-wheel drive, and the overall construction is stunning.
You don’t have to be intimidated by the sharp specs of this skateboard because it comes with four different riding modes, from beginner to pro. With the beginner mode, the skateboard limits your speed to 11 mph. But with the pro mode, you can hit the full specs. This mode should, however, should be left to the professionals.
Its battery capacity is good, but not as good as most of the skateboards on the list. It will get you up to 12 miles on a full charge (but this will depend on the mode used).
4. Teamgee H8
Teamgee H8 31″ Electric Skateboard, 15 MPH Top Speed, 480W Motor, 8…
- Thinnest E-skateboard–Teamgee hides a high-performance battery inside the deck, which makes it look like a regular…
- ADJUSTABLE SPEED REMOTE– With its intuitive ergonomic wireless remote control,Cruising mode, 3 speed…
- EASIER TO CARRY– Only 11.6lbs, throw away the bulky boosted board. H8 electric board reach speeds up to 15mph, and 15…
The Teamgee H8 is not your ordinary e-board – it’s a beast. The board is super thin, making it super-light. In fact, it’s one of the thinnest electric skateboards you’ll come across.
It also features an adjustable speed remote, coming in at a top speed of 15 mph. On a fully charged battery, you can go as far as 12 miles.
5. SKATEBOLT Longboard
SKATEBOLT Electric Skateboard Longboard with Remote Controller, 25 MPH…
- HIGH PERFORMANCE – 25 mph top speed and 25% grade hill climbing, high quality ride at a great choice for both beginners…
- LONGER RANGE WITH EXTENED RANGE BATTERY – Hurricane Electric Skateboard with 6600mAh, 36V Lithium Samsung battery, more…
- Durable & Stable – High density 8 layers maple wood skateboard with cover grip tape across top of deck provides a…
This electric board can reach a top speed of 25 mph and has an extended battery range, meaning you can go further for longer!
Practical for both the daily commuter as well as the true skateboarder.
6. Spadger Longboard
Spadger Electric Skateboard D5X Plus 37’’ Boosted Longboard, 25Mph…
- Super Flexible Skateboard: 85% Explosion-proof material, improving the impact resistance up to 10 times, very flexible…
- Strong Power and Fast Response: 900W super power motors, 97mm PU wheels, up to 23mph speed, 165 lbs only need 3.5…
- From The Beginner to The Pro: Skateboards wireless remote control 4 speed modes, the Beginner mode: 0-9mph，the Eco…
With a speed of 23 mph, the Spadger Electric Longboard is one of the fastest electric longboards in the market. If you are not so much into speed, you have the option of switching from Eco Mode to Beginner Mode that will offer you a sedate speed of 11 mph.
When fully charged, the battery range is about 15 miles. It is also light, durable, and can hold over 264 pounds of weight.
Choosing the Best Electric Skateboard
When you choose the best electric skateboard for yourself, there are multiple factors to take into consideration.
There are brands out there that are known to be unreliable. We haven’t included any of them in our list of the best ones of course, but if you opt for one outside of this list, make sure to do some research first.
Electric skateboards are known to get recalled from time to time. Be sure to stay up to date on these, because you don’t want to be using one that is recalled. This doesn’t just include the skateboard itself, it also includes motors and other parts.
Nothing will last forever, including your electric skateboard. However, certain ones will last longer than others.
You want to make sure you choose a brand or store that has good customer service. If you should run into any problems, you’re going to need someone to guide you through it.
Keep an eye on the warranty. If one isn’t offered, or if it’s a short warranty, you may want to look into a different board.
Your skateboard needs to be easy to control and ride. If it’s not, it’s not worth your time at all.
If you’re choosing an inexpensive skateboard, make sure it has good quality. Also, just because a board is expensive, doesn’t automatically mean it’s of good quality.
Try to choose a board within your budget that has everything you’re looking for.
Specific Features to Look For
There are specific features to look for in a skateboard. These include:
What Deck Size to Choose
Your deck size will depend on your height. You’ll want to get the best performance possible.
Always Go for Reputable Brands
Whatever you use your electric skateboard for – daily commuting or fun – be sure you get it from a reputable skateboard brand. This is because no matter the quality or material, electric skateboards do break down.
And when that happens, you’ll want to deal with a brand that has readily available spare parts and brilliant customer service and support. The above 6 picks are great choices to consider.
Featured Image via Flickr