It’s time to have the cute nickname talk for that special girl in your life. Maybe she’s your girlfriend already, or maybe she’s still in the “just a friend” category. Either way, if you’ve clicked on this article looking for that perfect cute nickname for your girlfriend, look no further. The chances are high that you feel pretty strongly about this girl. So, what are the best cute names to call your girlfriend?
Putting in the time to do a little online research and think of a name that’s going to a) stick, and b) be endearing is already demonstrating more effort than most. So, congratulations already on thinking about how best to please your girl!
How to Choose Cute Names to Call Your Girlfriend
Terms of endearment have been used throughout history to connect people on an exclusive level. But in order for the cute nicknames for girlfriend to fit BOTH your relationship and the type of person she is, you need to personalize it as well as make it unique. Some girls may prefer funny nicknames. Others might desire something more romantic. She wants something that sounds cute but she also wants to feel that it makes her special. Keep scrolling down for the best cute names to call your girlfriend.
Be sure to read through the whole list to make sure that whatever name you choose is the right fit for the girl and sounds good coming out of your mouth. It doesn’t have to just be one name either. Two or three really good one names can also work to keep things diverse, but don’t go overboard.
When you pick cute nicknames for girlfriend or you create your own name for her, keep in mind that the result should match her personality, hobbies, passions, likes, dislikes, or physical attributes (but only the positive ones). You do not want to insult your girl with a nickname that might be fun for everyone else but embarrassing or offensive for her. If nothing works, start from her real name and create a nickname out of it. If she responds well, you are on to something.
If the relationship is still young and you want to find a cute nickname for your girl but haven’t decided yet, you have other options. In case you fear she won’t take your nickname well, you can challenge her to play one of the Get to Know You games that can help you learn in a fun way how she stands on the subjects of nicknames in general or what would be a good nickname for her depending on the answers she offers. You can try making the finding of cute names to call your girlfriend a fun activity for the two of you by playing a game of 20 questions or the “Never have I ever” game.
Nevertheless, if you are looking for inspiration, it’s time to take a look at the list below. We will start with cute names to call your girlfriend that belong to the sweet and romantic side, and work our way from there with even more suggestions!
Remember our two rules here. This is supposed to be a cute nickname for your girlfriend that is going to stick and be endearing. The goal of finding a cute nickname for your girlfriend is that it continues to stir passion throughout the relationship.
SWEET AND ROMANTIC CUTE NAMES TO CALL YOUR GIRLFRIEND (OR FUTURE GIRLFRIEND!)
- Angel – This one’s pretty self-explanatory. It shows that you see nothing but perfection every time you look at your girlfriend.
- Angel Eyes – If her eyes captivate you with a deeply soulful spark that enthralls your senses, this is the name for your girl.
- Angel Face – For when her face has the flawless perfection of an angel, this is an ideal cute nickname for your girlfriend.
- Babe – While a little old fashioned, this nickname has stood the test of time.
- Baby – Some like it and some don’t, but this nickname gives off the vibe of deep compassion and sympathy.
- Baby Cakes – This is a primo nickname for a girl with curves that you want to show your appreciation for. Do not use this one if your girlfriend has body image issues.
- Baby Doll – This one combines deep compassion with how you feel about the way she looks.
- Baby Girl – Popular in the south, this nickname has a very personal vibe that proves how close you feel to your girlfriend.
- Babelicious – For a more playful and light-hearted version of the above nicknames, if your girlfriend likes to feel more carefree.
- Beautiful – This can apply to both her looks and her personality if you feel she shines both inside and out.
- Blondie – If her blond hair is something she knows you like, prove that connection with this one.
- Blue Eyes – Again, this term connects your love with features that make her feel good about herself. It also shows that you’re paying attention. Always compliment a lady’s eyes.
- Bond Girl – If your girlfriend is daring and full of adventure and excitement, her nickname should reflect that. Who’s more daring than a Bond girl?
- Boo or My Boo – This one’s pretty popular and well established, more playful than serious.
- Boo Bear – A unique twist for girlfriends that love to cuddle and be touchy-feely.
- Bootylicious – If her booty stands out and she knows it, this can be a compliment as well as a term of endearment.
- Boppity Boo – This unique take on “boo” has just the right kick of alliterative musicality and sounds cute too.
- Brown Eyes – If her deep brown eyes are a defining feature, use that to personalize your affection. It’ll be a compliment too. Remember, never forget to give compliments!
- Brown Sugar – For a girlfriend of color who brings the overload of sweetness into your life.
- Bubble Butt – A bit like the one above, this nickname implies more sexy intentions. If she’s got one and loves it, let her know every time you call out to her.
- Bunny – A sweet term to show your softer side.
- Buttercup – This one is intimately classic. You won’t hear very many use this one, so for a more classic feel choose something old school for uniqueness.
- Butterfly – The nickname for the girl who’s lighthearted and lifts your heart.
- Care Bear – If you’ve ever watched care bears, you understand this one matches someone who displays a deep compassion for humanity.
- Mon Cheri – This one is French for sweetheart, and you can bet it ups the cool factor, not to mention cultured.
- Chica – For a sweet and sexy Latina girlfriend in your life.
- Crazy Hot Stuff – When she’s proud to be different, and also smoking hot, let her know!
- Cupcake – When she’s the definition of sweetness, call her a cupcake.
- Cutie – Playful and straight to the point.
- Cutie Pie – Taking the above nickname to another level, connecting playful with sweet and a swirl of delicious.
- Dancer Girl – If she loves to dance, this personalized nickname will remind her that you know her better than anyone else.
- Dancing Queen – If she loves to dance and you want her to know she’s the best one on the dance floor.
- Darling – Another old-fashioned one, this carries with it a depth and tenderness she may appreciate. Definitely a winner for more traditional girls.
- Delicious One – When you want her to know you think she’s so cute you could just eat her up.
- Divine One – This one’s pretty serious, for the girlfriend who wants you to make her feel like the embodiment of perfection. Note: if she’s super religious, maybe pass on this name.
- Doll – Be careful with this one, dolls are made to fit our idea of beauty. That said, some girls don’t want to be compared to a child’s toy.
- Dove – Doves are symbolic of everlasting love and harmony.
- Dream Girl – When you want her to know she’s the one you’re always dreaming of.
- Dream Lover – When you want her to know what kind of dreams you had when you were dreaming of her.
- Glorious One – Again, this one is for girls who want to be made to feel exceptional.
- Gorgeous One – One of my personal favorites, this one uses the best compliment a girl can receive.
- Green Eyes – Remember that girls love to have their defining features noticed, especially those who have this rare and beautiful trait.
- Gummy Bear – If she loves candy and bears, this could describe her perfectly.
- Heavenly One – If she makes you feel like you’re in heaven, let her know it.
- Honey – Another classic that works well for girlfriends that are sweet and compassionate.
- Honey Bee – For when she’s sweet as honey, but also has a bite (or a sting) to back it up.
- Honey Love – A unique take, this one also carries with it feelings of a deep connection.
- Honey Bunny – A classic that needs little presentation; it may be old, unisex, and used in other languages as well, but this is what makes it timeless.
- Hot Stuff – Being called hot really makes a girl feel good, show her love, and make her feel special at the same time.
- Hottie – If she’s hot and she knows it, give her what she wants.
- Jiggly Puff – For your girlfriend with curves who isn’t afraid to show it, let her know you love her bounce.
- Kitten – Another one to show that while she’s cute, she can also have a bite.
- Lemon Drop – If she’s sour sometimes but then turns sweet (and knows it), she’ll love this one.
- Light of My Soul – Another deep nickname that carries the seriousness of your devotion.
- Lioness – For the girl who is fierce and fearless, and wants to be the queen of the jungle.
- Little Bird – For the small-sized girlfriend who chirps and tweets.
- Little Peanut – This nickname is highly specific but might just be the right match.
- Loca – If she’s at peace with her crazy side and isn’t afraid to show it, let her know that it’s a quality you enjoy.
- Lovebird – Use this if the two of you feel inseparable and do everything together.
- Love Bug – For when your girlfriend clings to your love with unwavering relentlessness.
- Loved One – When your love defines the relationship, you want your partner to know that she’s the one who is the object of your love.
- Lovely – This one implies that she outshines the rest with endearing sweetness.
- Lover Girl – If she’s your lover and you want her to know how special that connection is.
- Miss Dreamy – If she’s seriously dreamy, this title calls out her ownership of the term.
- Miss Steamy – As the term above implies ownership, this one’s for the girl who exudes sensuality.
- Miss Sunshine – When her personality shines for the world to see.
- Miss Universe – When she’s the center of your world and represents everything you love.
- Miss Wonderful – If she fills you with wonder, this name will prove time and time again she’s everything that’s beautiful to you.
- Moonshine – A romantic twist on an old Appalachian local brew for a homely girl with a serious spark.
- My… – Adding the word “my” to any of these names will increase the impact of its meaning.
- My Dear – Another classic nickname that has held its own through the years.
- My Fair Lady – Not just a song, this classic is sure to make her light up. It exudes class.
- My Juliet – If her love is undying, remind her of your true love and commitment.
- Passionate One – Use her passion to take the nickname you choose to another level.
- Peach – Peaches are both cute and sweet, so this nickname works on a lot of different levels. If she’s from Atlanta, just keep in mind this name might’ve been used on her already!
- Precious One – If you see her as a jewel-encrusted shrine of gold, let her know the value she holds is priceless.
- Pretty – This one’s simple, but straight to the point. Every girl wants to feel pretty, and this name gives the right burst of positive reinforcement.
- Pretty Lady – Go a step further and add more substance to your compliment.
- Pretty Girl – If the nickname above is a bit too old for her, use girl instead of a lady.
- Princess – If she loves fairy tales and wants to be treated like a princess, tell her every day that she already is one in your eyes.
- Pumpkin – A lot of girls love this name. It conjures up the Cinderella magic. But just like Baby Cakes, be wary of who you’re using this on.
- Pumpkin Pie – Who doesn’t love pie?
- Scrumptious – Another one to showcase her deliciousness while showing off your own vocabulary range.
- Sexiness – She’s sexy and you want her to know you know it.
- Sexy – Simple and straight to the point. This is a classic and a winner. But be mindful of when and where you’re using this!
- Sexy Mama – If you want her to know having kids only adds to her appeal. This one is a real winner the world over.
- Smiley – Use this one if she’s always using her smile to brighten the world.
- Smiley Face – Again, if her face is always lighting up, and you love it.
- Sparkly Eyes – Remember, girlfriends, love it when you take notice of their eyes. And who doesn’t love sparkle?
- Star – When she ignites your passion like the splitting of hydrogen atoms.
- Star Bright – If she outshines everyone else with the brightness of her personality.
- Sugar – Another old-fashioned nickname that never goes out of style. Especially if she’s a sweetie too.
- Sugar Plum – If she likes fairies and The Nutcracker, this one is for her.
- Sun Beams – Another take on bringing attention to the glory of her smile.
- Sunflower – Beautiful and universally recognized for her ability to soak up the rays like no other.
- Sunshine – When she’s your one and only sunshine. You could incorporate the song occasionally to add an extra connection.
- Star Shine – If she prefers the night, you can use this nickname to bring attention and personalize her nickname.
- Sweetheart – This classic continues to charm girls throughout the ages. One of my favorite girlfriend nicknames.
- Sweetie – Simple, cute, and straight to the point. Sometimes being direct is your best bet.
- Sweet Pea – If you’re like two peas in a pod.
- Sweetie Pie – Again, who doesn’t love pie?
- Sweetness – Because she sweetens your life with joy.
- Sweets – A more modern take, I like the message this one conveys.
- The Fairest of Them All – Another one for fairy tale loving girls, this time with a twist of darkness.
- The Mrs. – If you plan to put a ring on it, this is a good way to drop the hint.
- The Sweetest – Put her on a pedestal above all others and let her know she’s the best.
- Tigress – Another nickname that showcases her fierceness.
- Twinkles – Here’s a cute name for the girlfriend that twinkles like a star.
- Wifey – Use this to let her know she’s wife material.
- Wonderful – This is one of the quickest ways to show her how much she means to you
- Yummy – Another nickname to describe how delicious you think she is.
CUTE NAMES TO CALL YOUR GIRLFRIEND IN SPANISH
Spanish is a romantic language with plenty of terms of endearment. You can choose some cute names to call your girlfriend in Spanish if she is of Latin descent or if the loves this language in particular. Just like the Spanish people, the language is passionate as well, so choose your Spanish cute nicknames for girlfriend with care, as you don’t want to offend her or stir the wrong feelings. If she is OK with having a Latin-based nickname, here are some that work great!
- Mi Amor – It means “my love” and it is romantic and sweet just like her.
- Bonita – Call her beautiful in her native language when the two of you are alone and she will be head over heels for you.
- Mi Cielo – Calling a woman “my heaven” or “my sky” in any language is a smooth path to her heart.
- Mi Reina – Make her feel like a true queen and call her by her real name, expressing once again that she is the ruler of your heart.
- Mi Tesoro – Yes, she is the treasure of your life and her – just like everyone else around you two – should know this.
FUNNY CUTE NAMES TO CALL YOUR GIRLFRIEND BASED ON HER PERSONALITY/HOBBIES/UNIQUE TRAITS
This is where you two playing Get to Know You games or the Never Have I Ever game comes into play. Here are some ideas of funny cute names to call your girlfriend based on her personality, likes, dislikes, passions, and unique traits. Feel free to build upon these suggestions and find the perfect nickname for your girl!
- Brainy – if your girlfriend is very smart and you are very proud of it too.
- Supergirl or Wonder Woman – if your girl is into superhero culture and all things geek, but especially if you believe she is extraordinary and she has awesome superpowers.
- Speedy Gonzales – if she is the one that is always three steps ahead of everybody, a wonder of efficiency, or if her brain works at incredible speed, making you fall in awe with her wits, puns, and brilliant ideas over and over.
- Energizer/Duracell – if she is the one with all the energy and crazy ideas in your couple; also if you feel that sometimes you cannot keep the pace with her spontaneity.
- Vogue – if your girlfriend is a fashion buff and has created a unique style for herself.
CUTE UNCOMMON NAMES TO CALL YOUR GIRLFRIEND
Now we have reached the last section of this guide, saving the best for last. When it comes to cute uncommon names to call your girlfriend, your imagination is, in fact, the only thing that is stopping you. You can pick anything, from her favorite book character she identifies with to a word she likes in a foreign language. However, since we are here and you want suggestions, here are some starting points. Just make sure that you are both OK with the name and that it expresses the strong bond, love, respect, and friendship you two share.
- My Sun and Stars / Shekh ma shieraki anni – if you two or if she loved Game of Thrones, you cannot call her anything else but your sun and stars. It sounds better in Dothraki, but that’s just us.
- Tinkerbell – if your girl is cute, sweet, and magic, with a very small dose of mean that makes you love her even more.
- Smoochy – if she loves kissing and you love kissing her as well.
- Tarzan – unusual to call a girl by the name of a famous wild man who lived in the jungle, but if she is the wild and boyish type, Tarzan sounds fun.
- Pickachu – if she is into the Pokemon universe or if she is small, cute, brave, and always fun.
Final Thoughts on Cute Nicknames to Call Your Girlfriend
And there you have it! With all these names in mind, there is bound to be one (or two, or three) good matches for your lady friend. Figure out which nickname fits your girl best. Sometimes it will take a few tries until you land on the right one. When it comes to finding cute names to call your girlfriend, it’s good to try a few options, but still think carefully before calling her something.
Keep an ear and eye out for how she reacts when you call her by any of these names. Read her reactions and her expressions, and don’t repeat names that she clearly doesn’t like. Remember, good partners are good listeners, so show that you care by showing you listen. Want to get to know her a little better? Once you’ve identified some cute names to call your girlfriend, try a good game of never have I ever. This game is going to reveal a lot though, so don’t judge too harshly!
If you do try out some things that you think are cute names to call your girlfriend and they horribly backfire, don’t panic! Just buy her some chocolates, offer a sincere apology, and then come back to this list and try out some new names until one is on her liking.
Now, it is time for you to share your thoughts! Do you have cute names to call your girlfriend that you use in your current relationship? Do you care to share them? How about other cute nicknames for girlfriend you have heard and liked? Use the comment section below to offer your suggestions and ideas!