Newlywed Game Questions
When it comes to hosting parties it’s not always easy to come up with different themes, much less food that will have everyone going back for more and games that will keep everyone entertained.
A great party to host is a game show party, but which one should you start with? Think about the friends you will invite and what they would like most.
Try hosting a Newlywed Game Party. It’s a simple and inexpensive way to get everyone together and keep them all laughing.
Before planning the party, think about all the couples you know. They don’t have to be married, in fact, it can be played as a way for new couples to get to know each other better, you just might have to tweak some of the questions.
How to Play the Newlywed Game?
The Newlywed Game is a classic that debuted on television in 1966. Since its birth, there have been many different variations, therefore, the rules to this game can be mixed up to your liking.
We have prepared a simple game variation that you can follow, but feel free to tweak the rules and questions to the needs of your group.
Split the group into three or four teams of couples. One person should be elected as the game host (maybe this will be the lonely one). Each couple will be competing to win the game by gaining the most points. For the first round, the women should leave the room. The host should pick four questions from the husband round list to ask the guys. (More questions can be asked if you choose). After the guys have given their answers the women should reappear. The host should ask each question once again giving the women a chance to match with their partner. Each correct match gains five points.
For the second round, the guys should leave the room and the game continues the same as the first round until it’s time for the last question. That question should be one of the two-part bonus questions from the list. When the guys reappear, they will compete in the same as the first round with the exception of the bonus question. When it’s time for the bonus question the team will receive five points for each correct answer, so if they match both answers correctly they will gain ten points.
In the end, the team with the most points wins the game.
You can set the points up however you would like and the bonus questions can be asked in either the wife or the husband round. You might want to use bonus questions in both rounds but double the points in the second round. There is really no right or wrong way to play this game just remember to have a great time in getting to know each other better!
The following list provides you with 201 interesting Newlywed Game questions to help you get started:
Wife Round Questions
1) What would your husband say is his biggest pet peeve?
2) When your husband cooks for you would you say the food is spot on, or would you sign him up for cooking school?
3) Would you say that your husband prefers your face to be painted, or would he rather look at it in its natural state?
4) When it comes to having children, would your husband say, “Our small house will do,” “Honey, start looking for a bigger house,” or “I’m happy with the family dog?”
5) Will your husband say that you spend more money, he spends more money, or you spend money equally?
6) What is one thing you do that drives your husband bonkers?
7) Between the two of you, who will your husband say is the bigger pack rat?
8) If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would your husband say that you would go?
9) It’s his turn to plan a date night, what does he plan?
10) When it comes to sports, would you say your husband prefers the ones with a just a field, a ball and bat, a net, or he isn’t really all that into sports?
11) What was your husband’s first job?
12) Which one of you is the biggest procrastinator?
13) How many dates did the two of you go on before the first kiss?
14) Which one of you brought up the subject of marriage first?
15) If you were cleaning out the closets, what is the one thing of your husband’s that you would throw away?
16) What is your husband’s idea of the perfect weekend?
17) Would you say your husband would prefer to live in the wilderness and hunt for his food, or would he rather live in the big city and order dinner in?
18) Which one of your relatives would you say your husband likes the least?
19) Who won the last argument the two of you had?
20) If the two of you went on a double date with another couple, who would your husband want to go out with?
21) Finish this sentence, “I wish my husband would pay as much attention to me as he does his _________.”
22) What is your husband’s favorite hobby?
23) Has your husband ever cried during a movie?
24) What is the one material thing your husband owns that means the most to him?
25) What will your husband say that he loves about you the most?
26) It’s your night to pick the movie, will you pick something that will keep you on the edge of your seat, something that will keep you rolling with laughter, or will you need the tissue box?
27) What is your husband’s favorite late night snack?
28) Which one of you is the first to fall asleep at night?
29) Does your husband prefer pizza, wings, steak, or one of each, please?
30) When eating out, which of you is the bigger tipper?
31) Which of you is the thrifty shopper?
32) If the two of you went to visit a pet shelter together, would he head to the dogs or the cats first?
33) When it comes to dancing, would your husband wait for the slow dance, would he get on the dance floor when it’s time for the fast moves, or would he just sit them all out?
34) If the two of you were on a date, which one of you would be the most likely to look at your phone during the main event of the date?
35) When it comes to doing household chores, would you say that you do the most of them, he does the most of them, or do you share an equal amount?
36) If your husband wrote a book about your family what would the title be?
37) Who will he say you are closest to in his family?
38) What is the one thing the two of you can never seem to agree on?
39) If your husband could have a different job what would it be?
40) What is the one bad habit you wish your husband would stop?
41) How long did the two of you date before you introduced him to your family?
42) Does he prefer a hot cooked breakfast, cold cereal, or nothing at all?
43) What was the name of your first boyfriend?
44) Do you prefer to text or talk?
45) What is your husband’s favorite soft drink?
46) When it’s time for dessert will your husband choose pie, cake, or something else?
47) Will he say you are a morning person or a night person?
48) What was your husband’s first vehicle?
49) Would he say you are more of an indoor or an outdoor person?
50) Does your husband prefer long hair, short hair, or it doesn’t matter at all?
51) If you and your husband were together when you saw a homeless person, which one of you would be most eager to help them?
52) Which one of you would be most likely to go on a diet first?
53) When going to a restaurant, does your hubby prefer a sit-down or a buffet?
54) Which one of you can better deal with a stressful situation?
55) How often do you go to the beauty shop?
56) Would your husband rather wear a suit and tie or jeans and a tee?
57) How many windows do you have in your current home?
58) Does your car have a 4- cylinder or a 6-cylinder engine?
59) Which one, if any, is your husband’s favorite social media site?
60) If your husband were to guess, how many hangers would he say is in your closet?
61) What is one word that your husband uses that you wish he wouldn’t?
62) What is one thing you don’t have in your house but you wish you did?
63) How many sets of dishes do you currently own?
64) What will your husband say is your go-to site on the web?
65) What are you and your hubby saving up for?
66) How many magazine subscriptions will he say you currently get on a regular basis?
67) If the two of you were to go on a trip and take one of your relatives, who would your husband want to take with you?
Husband Round Questions
1) When it comes to shoes, would you say your wife prefers heels, flats, sandals, or sneakers?
2) What is the one household chore your wife will say that you do better than she does?
3) How many pieces of luggage did your wife take with her on your honeymoon?
4) When your wife is getting dressed in the morning, which one of her outfits do you hope she’s putting on?
5) What is the one household chore you absolutely hate to do, but your wife is always nagging you to do it anyway?
6) The last time you gave your wife flowers, were they roses, carnations, another kind, or will she say you never give her flowers?
7) What is the name of your wife’s favorite store?
8) Finish this sentence: “The last gift I gave to my wife was ________.”
9) When it comes to an argument, which one of you always seems to get the last word in?
10) Finish this sentence: “My wife’s biggest fear is __________.”
11) Finish this sentence: “Our wedding was almost perfect until __________.”
12) What was the name of the street your wife grew up on?
13) How many doors will your wife say that you had in the first place the two of you lived together?
14) Is your wife always late, always early, or always right on time?
15) Which one of you is the most organized?
16) What was your wife wearing on your first date with her?
17) Where did you take your wife on your second date?
18) Without saying the year, when is your wife’s birthday?
19) If your wife gave you a hall pass, what would she say you would use it for?
20) What will your wife say is your favorite piece of furniture in your home?
21) When it comes to ice cream, does your wife like plain old chocolate, plain old vanilla, or does she like a little crunch to mix it up a bit?
22) Which one of you is the first to wake up in the morning?
23) When choosing from a menu, would your wife prefer the lighter side, the pasta side, or will she flip to the meat side?
24) When it comes to replacing the toilet paper roll, should the paper go over or under?
25) Who will your wife say is the more romantic one in your relationship?
26) Which one of you is elected to turn off the lights at night?
27) Complete this sentence: “I love eating the food my wife cooks I just wish she would quit making _________.”
28) Of all the bridesmaids, your wife had in the wedding, how many were relatives?
29) How does your wife prefer her eggs cooked, scrambled, fried, poached, omelet style, or would she say no thank you?
30) What was the name of your first girlfriend?
31) Is your wife usually too cold, too hot, or is she just right?
32) If your wife is texting someone, who is she most likely texting?
33) If your wife were to describe you as a superhero, who would it be?
34) Which one of you usually picks the restaurant?
35) How old was your wife when she started school?
36) When it comes to food, does your wife prefer Mexican, Italian, Chinese, or American?
37) What kind of laundry detergent is in your house?
38) Would she say that it’s your fault, or would she admit that it’s her fault that you need two bathrooms in your house?
39) When your wife packs your lunch, what do you hope to find in the bag?
40) What state will your wife say you were you born in?
41) Would your wife say your grades in high school were above average, so- so, or try again?
42) Who spoke the first words when the two of you first met?
43) Would your wife say that you’re the type of person who likes to try new things or would you rather leave well enough alone?
44) How far into the relationship did the two of you get before having your first argument?
45) If you were to write a love letter to your wife would she be able to read it, or would she have to call on a professional for help?
46) When it comes to gardening, is that something you would do, she would do, or would you share the task?
47) Would you say your wife does most of her shopping online or does she go out to the store?
48) What is the brand name of your washer and dryer?
49) If your wife could spend a day in the life of someone else, who would it be?
50) Who said, “I love you” first?
51) Who picked the wedding date?
52) If one of your relatives was going to stay with you, which one would your wife hope it would be?
53) When it comes to the music genre, which one would your wife say is your favorite?
54) What is the one thing that your wife would like to change about herself?
55) Finish this sentence: “Every time my wife goes shopping she brings home another __________.”
56) Which one of your wife’s relatives would you say she resembles the most?
57) When it comes to vacations, would your wife say that you would be happy sleeping in a tent, you like the smell of a cabin, or you want a hot shower in the hotel?
58) How long does it take your wife to get ready for a night out?
59) What is your wife’s favorite fruit?
60) What was the last thing you did for your wife that she never expected?
61) What will your wife say is her favorite time of the year?
62) Would your wife say she prefers gold or silver?
63) What will your wife say is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
64) What was the name of your wife’s childhood pet?
65) How long did the two of you date before you spent the night together?
66) When the two of you are in the car together, who controls the radio?
67) Does your wife prefer juice, coffee, soda, or something else with her breakfast?
Two-Part Bonus Questions (Husband Round)
1) Finish this sentence: “My wife likes to have _________ massaged, but she can’t stand to have her _________ touched.”
2) If you had to leave your house in an emergency what are the two things your wife would say you would grab on your way out the door?
3) Finish this sentence: “I like my wife’s friend ________, but I really wish she would dump her friend ___________.”
4) What are the two most important things your wife will say that you must have on your sandwich?
5) What are your wife’s two most valuable things?
6) When your wife was in school, what were her two favorite subjects?
7) Of your wife’s relatives, which two are the oldest?
8) What are two things you have in your house that your wife could never live without?
9) Name two pizza toppings that are a must have for her.
10) If the two of you were pregnant, who are the two people your wife would want to tell first?
11) Finish this sentence: “My wife is really good at ____________, but ___________, not so much.”
12) What are two things your wife made you get rid of before moving in together?
13) If you stumbled upon a Magic Genie lamp, what will your wife say that two of your three wishes would be?
14) If you were to look through your wife’s purse, what are two things you would find?
15) Finish this sentence: “My wife likes it when I wear ______________, but would rather I put _________ in the trash.”
16) Name two things your wife has on her dresser.
17) Finish this sentence: “My wife can’t wait to watch ________ on TV, but she wishes they would take _________ off the air.”
18) Besides texting and talking, what are two other things your wife uses her phone for?
19) Finish this sentence: “Everyday my wife looks forward to ____________, but she dreads _________.”
20) Name two animals your wife would never have as pets.
21) What are two things your wife likes to keep in her car?
22) Besides you, who are the other two people your wife talks to the most?
23) What are her two favorite days of the week?
24) Finish this sentence: “When we have kids we will name the boy ___________ and the girl will be named_______________.”
25) When the two of you go out to eat, which two restaurants do you visit the most?
26) What are the two pieces of jewelry that you will always find your wife wearing?
27) When going out in public, what are two things your wife cannot be seen without?
28) Finish this sentence: “My wife likes to shop for groceries at___________, but she won’t step foot in________.”
29) What are the two things your wife would say she misses the most about her old neighborhood?
30) Finish this sentence: “When it comes to celebrities, my wife would be ecstatic if she were to meet_________, but she would have no interest in meeting_______.”
31) Finish this sentence: “If my wife were to paint the living room I hope she would paint it _________ because I really hate the color__________.”
32) Finish this sentence: “If my wife were playing on the playground she would be in a hurry to run toward__________, but she would run away from__________.”
Two-Part Bonus Questions (Wife Round)
1) Finish this sentence: “My husband doesn’t mind driving_______, but he really hates driving_________.”
2) When your husband plans an outdoor trip, what are two things he’s sure to have in his cooler?
3) If you sent him to the store with your grocery list, what are two things he would bring home that were not on that list?
4) Finish this sentence: “I like my husband’s friend___________, but his friend___________ is a little out there.”
5) What will he say are the two things you miss the most from your childhood?
6) When the two of you plan to go out for dinner, what two restaurants would not be on the list of choices?
7) When you pack for a trip, what are the two things your husband will say he can find in your suitcase?
8) What are his two favorite kinds of animals?
9) What are two things he will say you can always find in the refrigerator at home?
10) If the two of you went on a picnic, what will he say are two things you would put in the basket?
11) Finish this sentence, “My husband likes to see ________ on his dinner plate, but he will push the plate aside if ________ is on it instead.”
12) Finish this sentence: “My husband is a tough man, but when it comes to ________ and _______, he melts.”
13) Who are the two people your husband works he likes the least?
14) Finish this sentence: “My husband always seems to remember_______, but he can never remember_______.”
15) If you were to look through your husband’s wallet, what are two things you would find in there?
16) What are his two favorite articles of clothing?
17) When it comes to watching TV, what are his two favorite networks to watch?
18) Finish this sentence: “My husband wears size_______ shoes and he requires a size_________ for his gloves.”
19) What will he say are the names of your two best friends from high school?
20) Finish this sentence: “If we were at an amusement park we wouldn’t be able to stay away from__________, but I wouldn’t be able to get him to go on___________.”
21) Finish this sentence: “When it comes to eating hamburgers, my husband always puts________ on his, but he can’t stand to put__________ on it.”
22) When your husband leaves for work, what are the two things he always takes with him?
23) If you were to plant a vegetable garden, what are the two must haves he would insist on planting?
24) What would he say were your two favorite childhood cartoon characters?
25) Finish this sentence: “If I were to dye my hair he would like it to be__________, but he would hope that I didn’t color it____________.”
26) Finish this sentence: “My husband can fix a__________ like a boss, but when it comes to fixing__________ he needs a little professional help.”
27) Finish this sentence: “When we go to a bar my husband always drinks___________ but he can’t stand the taste of___________.”
28) Finish this sentence: “Every time our friends come over for game night my husband hopes we are going to play___________ and not__________.”
29) Finish this sentence: “When it comes to shopping for lunch meat my husband always runs for__________ but turns his nose up at___________.”
30) Finish this sentence: “When I buy soap my husband really hopes it smells like__________ because he can’t stand the smell of____________.”
31) Finish this sentence: “When it comes to buying air freshener, my husband prefers the house to smell like__________, but can’t stand it if the air freshener makes the house smell like__________.”
32) Finish this sentence: “When it comes to his underwear, my husband likes his to be__________, and is uncomfortable in a pair of__________.”
33) Finish this sentence: “When it comes to furniture my husband loves to sit on_________, but please don’t make him sit on__________.”
34) Finish this sentence: “When we eat snacks my husband loves when I put out__________, but watch him frown when he sees__________.”
35) When it comes to nail polish, which two colors will your husband say you will choose?
Now that you have this list you should have no problem keeping the group busy for a few hours. Have a great time, and remember, it’s only a game! Make sure you check out our bridal shower games for large groups as well.