Best Lacrosse Shafts
In the ever-evolving realm of lacrosse, the choice of equipment can be a game-changer, and at the heart of this game lies lacrosse shafts.
Your lacrosse shaft is not just a stick; it’s an extension of your skills and capabilities on the field. To help you make an informed decision, we’ve meticulously researched and evaluated an array of lacrosse shafts to present you with the ultimate guide to finding the best lacrosse shafts available. Whether you’re an experienced player looking for an upgrade or a newcomer seeking the right tool to get started, our comprehensive review will equip you with the knowledge you need to enhance your performance and dominate the game. Explore our top picks and expert insights to discover the perfect lacrosse shaft that fits your style of play and maximizes your potential.
So that you can make an informed buying decision, read on to learn about the 5 highest quality lacrosse shafts.
|Silver Sc-Ti Lacrosse Shaft||Ripwood- Pennsylvania Ash Wooden Lacrosse Shaft||Maverik Lacrosse Hyperlite Attack Shaft||STX Lacrosse Stallion 50 Youth Lacrosse Shaft||22 Warrior Burn Lite Carbon Lacrosse Shaft|
|Material: Metal||Material: Solid-Wood, Ash||Material: Carbon||Material: Plastic||Material: Carbon|
|Position: Attack||Position: Attack||Position: Attack||Position: Attack||Position: Attack|
|Legally Acceptable: Yes||Legally Acceptable: Yes||Legally Acceptable: Yes||Legally Acceptable: Yes||Legally Acceptable: Yes|
|Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price||Check Price|
WHY SHOULD YOU CARE ABOUT LACROSSE SHAFTS?
There are various reasons why shaft considerations should be high on your priority list if you’re interested in the game of lacrosse. These reasons include the following:
Your choice of shaft can give you a competitive boost
The lacrosse shaft is, of course, used with a shaft head to carry the ball and check players on the other team in a bid to cause them to lose control of the ball. So you want the right type of shaft to help you do your best, whether during practice or game-time situations. If you have the chance to try different shafts, you’ll see that some are better than others and some are more advantageous than others, depending on your strengths.
Shafts are position-specific
Lacrosse shafts, also known as lacrosse handles, are position-specific. For instance, you’ll need a different type of shaft if you’re a goalie, a defender, or an attacker/midfielder. For a goalie, you’ll need to consider 40″ shafts, for defenders your shaft needs to be 60″; and for attackers and midfielders, your shaft must measure 30″. Once you select the right shaft, you’ll then need to put the right lacrosse head on it. Since there are position-specific considerations to make, you ought to familiarize yourself with lacrosse shafts as much as you can before making a purchase.
Shaft selection also depends on playing ability
A lot of things go into deciding what sort of lacrosse shaft you should buy, and one of them is your playing ability. Whether you’re a beginner, an intermediate, or a professional, you need to select the sort of lacrosse shaft that will help you to get the most out of your skills. Again, there are numerous manufacturers and various brands. The only way you can get a feel for which ones will be the best fit for you is to do some research as to what’s out there.
Various price points mean that you can find something within your budget
When it comes to lacrosse shafts, there are a number of price points, so cost need not get in the way of your buying a shaft. So you can find something that won’t break your budget. If you’re just getting started and don’t want to spend too much on your first lacrosse shaft, you’ll find lots of relatively inexpensive options available on sites like Amazon.com. If you’re a most advanced player, you’ll be able to find suitable lacrosse shafts that are higher end if you prefer.
Different styles available
While the color of your shaft obviously won’t impact your playing ability, you can at least showcase some of your individuality by selecting a color or color scheme of your choice. Various manufacturers offer a wide range of color options, so if that’s an important consideration for you, be sure to check out the various companies to see which ones offer what you want.
Lots of different manufacturers and brands
There are, of course, a lot of different makers and brands available for lacrosse shafts, which favors you as the consumer since you’ll have lots of options to choose from. You might find over time that you prefer certain manufacturers owing to the types of lacrosse shafts that they make.
5 OF THE BEST OPTIONS
1. Silverfin Sc-Ti Lacrosse Shaft
- Silverfin’s newest handle release: is the best deal for the elite offensive player looking for a lightweight shaft with a great shape at a great price point. Made of a military-grade scandium/titanium alloy, this handle checks in as one of the lightest handles currently available on the market.
- Engineered for the elite offensive player: looking for a strong, light, cost-effective option for their setup.
- Combine with Silverfin’s Camber: 1.0 head and two-piece butt end for the ultimate rig.
- Risk of Denting: Despite its durability, extreme impacts or misuse could potentially lead to denting or damage, although this is less common compared to other shaft materials.
- Stiffness: Some players may find the shaft to be too stiff, which could affect the feel or responsiveness they prefer in their gameplay.
- Limited Preferences: While the shaft may suit many players, individual preferences for weight, flex, and grip texture can vary. It might not cater perfectly to everyone’s preferences.
2. Ripwood Pennsylvania Ash Wooden Lacrosse Shaft
The RipWood Pennsylvania Ash Wooden Lacrosse Shaft is a durable and flexible lacrosse stick designed for boys and men of all ages. Crafted from Pennsylvania Ash wood, this 30-inch lacrosse stick offers a blend of durability and flexibility essential for the game. It’s considered an essential piece of lacrosse equipment due to its sturdy construction and versatility. The shaft is tailored to withstand the rigors of gameplay while providing players with the necessary flexibility to maneuver and perform effectively on the field.
- Durability: Made from Pennsylvania Ash wood, known for its durability, the shaft is capable of withstanding the physical demands of the game.
- Traditional Feel: Wooden shafts often provide a traditional feel preferred by some players, offering a different tactile experience compared to modern composite materials.
- Versatility: Suitable for boys and men of all ages, making it a versatile option for a wide range of players.
- Weight of the shaft: Wooden shafts tend to be heavier compared to modern composite shafts, which may affect agility and speed for some players.
3. Maverik Lacrosse Hyperlite Attack Shaft
- Durable Construction: Despite its lightweight nature, the Scandium alloy construction ensures durability, offering resistance against dents and bends during intense gameplay.
- Optimal Length: The 30-inch length is specifically tailored for attackers, providing a perfect balance between control and reach, enabling precise ball handling and quick movements in tight spaces.
- Enhanced Grip: Often equipped with a textured grip or additional grip technology, providing excellent handling and control, especially in adverse weather conditions, allowing for a secure hold during gameplay.
- Price: As a high-performance shaft, it may be relatively more expensive compared to other options in the market due to its premium materials and specialized design.
- Personal Preference: Individual players might have specific preferences regarding weight, grip, or length, and this shaft might not align perfectly with everyone’s playing style or comfort.
- Stiffness: Some players might find the shaft to be stiffer than preferred, affecting the feel and responsiveness during play, especially for those who prefer a more flexible shaft.
4. STX Lacrosse Stallion 50
- Youth-Focused Design: Tailored specifically for young lacrosse players (high school level play), the 39-inch length is suitable for beginners, offering easier handling and control as they learn the game.
- Stallion Head Design: Known for its versatility, the Stallion head offers a good balance between stiffness and ball control, aiding beginners in learning essential skills like catching, passing, and shooting.
- Scandium-Titanium alloy
- Complete Stick: This stick comes as a complete set, including both the head and shaft, providing convenience for beginners without the need for separate purchases or assembly.
- Skill Level Limitation: While suitable for beginners, more advanced players might find the stick’s features limiting as their skills progress and they require more specialized equipment.
- Limited Customization: As a complete stick, there might be limited options for customization compared to purchasing separate components, which might be a downside for players seeking specific modifications.
5. Warrior Burn Lite Carbon Lacrosse Shaft
- Advanced Materials: Utilizes advanced carbon fiber technology, ensuring a high-performance shaft suitable for competitive play.
- Attack-Oriented Length: Tailored at 30 inches, it caters specifically to attackers, offering optimal control and maneuverability for offensive plays.
- Best Strength and Durability: The carbon construction provides excellent strength, ensuring durability against the rigors of aggressive play while maintaining performance.
- Price: Carbon fiber construction often comes at a higher cost compared to other materials, making this shaft relatively more expensive.
- Potential for Damage: While durable, extreme impacts or misuse could potentially lead to damage or breakage, although this is less common compared to other materials.
Various Options In Lacrosse Shafts:
As you can see, there are lots of options out there when it comes to new gear. The 5 options listed above are among the best lacrosse shafts. Again, you need to choose carefully to get the right lacrosse shaft for your needs.
With the right shaft, you’ll be able to control the ball with accuracy and agility as well as to pressure the opposition into losing control of the ball. On the one hand, if you select a lightweight shaft, you can benefit from greater agility as you navigate the playing area. On the other hand, if you go with a slightly heavier shaft, you’ll be better able to deal with the abuse that comes from engaging in a contact team sport. The choice, of course, is yours.
Considerations for Shaft Selection:
There are plenty of manufacturers and brands on the market, so do your research and figure out which one gives you the sort of competitive advantage that will help you have the best experience.
Also, there are lots of manufacturers and brands on the market. This means that you must do your research to figure out which will help you to play at your ultimate best. Remember to consider things like texture and grip since you want to be able to maintain control of your shaft in game situations. Without control, you’ll be more of a hindrance than a help to your teammates.
Remember, the right shaft acts as an extension of your skill, enabling precision and power in every play. With careful consideration and research, finding the best lacrosse shaft can elevate your game, empowering you to excel and dominate the lacrosse community.
Interested in other lax products? Make sure you check out the best lacrosse sticks.